Workers' Comp Attorney in Atlanta
Have you been injured on the job?
At times, especially for very minor injuries, you may not need to hire an attorney to help with your workers' compensation claim. There are certain situations that might require the help of an experienced
Atlanta workers' compensation attorney.
- Do you know the time limits for reporting a work-related injury and for filing a new claim?
- Are you certain of what information should go into your claim in order to ensure it will be accepted?
- Has your claim already been denied?
- Are you not receiving medical treatment?
- Are you dissatisfied with your medical care?
- Does your employer believe you were not actually injured?
- Are you out of work and not receiving any income?
- Were you laid off or terminated after a work-related injury?
- Have you been told to report back to work but you feel incapable of doing so?
- Have you been promised benefits of any sort that have not arrived?
Workers' compensation is a fine system if it all runs according to plan. Many employers are concerned about their employees and want to see them at work and in good health. But oftentimes this is not what happens. Do you feel confident you know what to do if all does not go as it should?
Atlanta Workers' Compensation Lawyer
At The McAleer Law Firm, we know from many years of experience that the above situations commonly occur with workers. You do have definite rights and your employer has certain obligations that they must meet. It is our job to know and understand the laws well and to fight for the rights of our clients. In addition to the above situations, there is another aspect to your injury that you may not be aware of. If someone other than your employer, such as a manufacturer or a negligent driver, was the cause of your injury, they may be sued for your pain and suffering in addition to
workers' comp benefits.
Commonly, an injured worker faces a doctor who is motivated to return the individual to work as quickly as possible. The worker may have to deal with an employer who is hostile to his situation. Frequently, they will have to face insurance company attorneys who are expert at paying out the smallest amount of benefits that they can. We would like to be in your corner, working towards the best possible outcome in your case.
Contact an Atlanta workers' compensation lawyer
for effective legal representation when injured at work.